Welcome to the #1 Range Rover Forum and Range Rover community dedicated to Range Rover owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Range Rover Forum today!

Changing automatic Air suspension to manual spring

Lebonny

Please permit me to ask if it is possible to convert my Range Rover L322 Vogue (2012) from automatic Air suspension to manual spring suspension? And if also the indication light will turned off?

flamecycle

I think you'll find two types of people, and also that this question is darn near the top of what separates those two....

There are those who know the EAS, and love it for it's capabilities and ride, in spite of the finicky nature and need to replace rubber air springs at a rate higher than a coil spring (and I've had a need to replace coil springs myself, so I'm not saying they are maintenance free. just not as finicky as rubber bags that get old and brittle). Once one learns the system, it's intricacies, and how to maintain it, then one can enjoy reliable air ride without the need to sacrifice one's first born for expensive repairs.

Then there are those who just want to be done with this potential pain point and they will castrate their rangies (not my word, that's just what people typically call it). In the past, the kits I've seen for this include a plug in module to essentially fool the EAS into thinking all is well with those no longer present air bags. So yes, if done right, you could be riding on springs without the dash complaining until the end of time about air suspension issues. Might see if Atlantic British has something for your model.